Sunday, September 28, 2008

My First Time!

This is my first time blogging- not my first time as a "mommy"! I have two precious sweet and busy boys- 2.5 year old & 5 months old. I am already wondering why I think I have time to devote to something like this when there are diapers to be changed, meals to be made, laundry to be done, and basically to have a life. Oh, and pay attention to my sweet husband at the same time too! There are not enough hours in the day as I'm sure all you other mommies out there can agree to. We have the most thank-less job on the planet, yet the most rewarding one at the same time.

So why have I created this blog and what do I hope to accomplish by it?? Well in addition to being a mom, I am also slightly obsessed with keeping up my good looks that got me into the situation of being a mom...if you catch my drift. I am a freelance makeup artist, so of course I am a big fan of beauty products and techniques that keep myself and my clients looking as gorgeous as possible. I don't believe we as women should "give up" on ourselves and our looks because we don't take the time to take care of #1 after we've taken care of the whole family. Yes, motherhood is exhausting at times, but that doesn't mean you have to look like it! I hope to share my experience of wonderful beauty and cosmetic products out there to help mommies look their best and also motherly advice that has worked for me. I will reiterate the last comment- it worked for ME, so take that for what it's worth. I understand not all families and children are created equal so feel free to take and use my advice, but don't expect it to always work!!

Well the baby is awake and unhappy so that will be my reason for signing off. My next entry will hopefully contain something with a little more substance...depending on how long the kids nap:-)

4 comments:

Caroline said...

What a great idea! I am really excited that you are doing this and plan on reading it regularly for mommy and makeup advice! I'll be sure to pass the link along as well!
Now we girls have a blog to get into!

Jennifer of JennySue Makeup said...

I'm so glad you're excited about the mommy and makeup concept! I figured us mommies needed an outlet to discuss how to keep up our good looks while also taking care of our families! I believe the better we feel about ourselves, the better we'll be able to do and enjoy our mommy job! Because if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy, right?!

Melissa said...

Congrats on the new blog Jennifer!!! It looks wonderful! :)

Jennifer of JennySue Makeup said...

Thanks M- I hope you enjoy checking it out whenever you can and that I can provide some useful and entertaining information!!